This version features some quality-of-life improvements for MUD players, plus fixes for some issues with SSL, autologin, and trigger windows.
- The Forge SSL library has been updated; SSL connections to Socio-Political Ramifications no longer fail with "Received TLS record out of order."
- SSL certificates are now checked against a bundle of CA certificates, and the user is only prompted if this fails. This more closely follows what browsers do, and makes sense now that "real" certificates are easier to come by. Note that due to limitations in Forge, the bundle is not complete; some legitimate certificates may still prompt the user for verification. Let's Encrypt certificates are specifically known to work, though.
- MUD Client Compression Protocol versions 1 and 2 are now supported.
- Local echo is now supported. This is a pretty minimalist implementation -- currently there's no way to style the echoed text, for example -- but it will be improved in a future release.
- Bugfix: Autologin data will no longer be sent twice when a host takes more than two seconds to negotiate telnet options.
- Bugfix: A race condition was fixed that could cause doubled text in a trigger window when it first opened, coupled with a dropped line in the main window.
- The list of valid top-level domains for URL detection has been updated.
- A summary of changes will open in a tab the first time a new version is run.
Version 4.0 features a revamped user interface, along with many bugfixes and improvements. Here's the highlights from the release notes:
- Replace ad-hoc slide-out dialogs with more conventional ones from jQuery UI.
- Lots of code cleanup and refactoring.
- Announce incoming text when a screenreader is in use, via AccDC's $A.announce() API.
- Replace the menu bar with a more accessible widget.
- Control labeling for accessibility.
- Quick-connect feature with streamlined world entry.
- Fix a bug where clicking the output window would select all the text; this was caused by a change in Chrome's handling of the user-select attribute.
- Make Ctrl-Shift-Tab cycle backwards through world tabs.
- Handle things gracefully if the user deletes the last world.
- Don't spam the server with anti-idle commands if the user forgets to give a delay.
- Remove the TCP keepalive option; just enable them automatically if the OS supports them.
- Remember Auto-\ preference for worlds and trigger windows.
- Allow | in the file portion of URLs.
- Allow * in the path portion of URLs.
- Remove Spectrum Colorpicker library, now that the native HTML5 color input type works in Chrome apps.
- Re-enable image preview for Chrome versions >49, where the webview browser crash bug is fixed.
- Support MUD-style two-line logins.
- Replaced old tooltip timestamps in the output window with a toggleable timestamp column.
- Preview refinements for YouTube links.
Version 3.4 has been released, with several minor improvements.
Read more ...
Version 3.0 is out, and it has a number of items that have been on users' wishlists.
Read more ...