- Works on any Chrome OS™ device.
- Standalone, with no external proxies or dependencies. Makes a direct telnet connection to the MU* server.
- All your settings, login details, and triggers can follow you from device to device via Google Sync™.
This plus everything you'd expect in a full-fledged MUCK client:
- Triggers based on wildcard or regular expression matching. Triggers can highlight text, gag it, or pop it out into a separate window.
- Reliable URL detection, with optional preview images.
- ANSI color support, including 256-color and 24-bit color.
- UTF-8 and IBM Codepage 437 character set support.
- TLS encryption, including auto-negotiated TLS for sites that support it.
- Command recall.
- Telnet keepalives to help hold idle connections open.
- MUD Client Compression Protocol (MCCP2) support.
- Auto-backslash mode for MUSH and MUX worlds, to protect special characters from the parser.
There are also standalone builds for Windows, macOS, and Linux; these lack Google Sync support but can manually import settings backup files from the ChromeOS version.
Due to Google's plan to eliminate Web App support on ChromeOS devices, DuckClient is no longer in active development. I still maintain it and put out the occasional bugfix release, but it's unlikely any new features will be added.
- Category: Uncategorised
- Hits: 113136