The next major release is coming along slowly, so I decided to push some of the small quality-of-life fixes out in a minor release.
The single new feature in this version is a new Prefences setting to limit the scrollback buffer length. There's also a fix for character set negotiation (telnet CHARSET), and a tweak to ID newer TinyMUX servers properly. Finally, the Windows version now has a proper installer. I'm still including the ZIP file for Windows, in case you prefer to just unzip it somewhere and run it instead of installing it.
Those of you using ChromeOS should receive the update soon. Those of you running the standalone version will want to grab it from the downloads directory.
- Works on any Chrome OS™ device.
- Standalone, with no external proxies or dependencies. Makes a direct telnet connection to the MU* server.
- All your settings, login details, and triggers can follow you from device to device via Google Sync™.
This plus everything you'd expect in a full-fledged MUCK client:
- Triggers based on wildcard or regular expression matching. Triggers can highlight text, gag it, or pop it out into a separate window.
- Highly reliable URL detection, with optional preview images.
- ANSI color support, including 256-color mode.
- UTF-8 and IBM Codepage 437 character set support.
- TLS encryption, including auto-negotiated TLS for sites that support it.
- Command recall.
- Telnet keepalives to help hold idle connections open.
- MUD Client Compression Protocol (MCCP2) support.
- Auto-backslash mode for MUSH and MUX worlds, to protect special characters from the parser.
DuckClient is intended for conversational style worlds running on platforms such as Fuzzball, TinyMUSH, PennMUSH, and LambdaMOO. It has been successfully used on some MUDs, but there are likely to be rough edges, since I don't have the opportunity to test against many MUD servers.
- Category: Uncategorised
- Hits: 69873